EFFECTIVE AIR SERVICE MARKETING TRAINING FOR AIRPORTS
20th – 22nd May 2013
The Purpose of the Training is to provide Senior Commercial and Route Development Directors and Managers with the skills to persuade airlines to operate new routes and increased frequencies at their airports
The training will explain how to:
– Use the various information sources available to research the passenger market at your airport and to identify opportunities for new routes and increase frequencies
– Present the strengths of your airport versus your competitors to airlines
– Understand airlines as customers and how they evaluate opportunities from financial and network perspectives
– Identify relevant airlines to target basing on network, location and aircraft type
– Develop target campaign management system to ensure the optimum approach to winning a new route
– Present a route development proposal to an airline
• Catchment Area, Market Size, Segmentation and Seasonality
• Local economy, tourism and demographics
• Data sources including MIDT and PAXIS
• Competitor Offerings, Products and Plans
• Exploiting your catchment area
• The value of your market to airlines
• What are airlines looking for in airports and how do they make new route decisions?
• How do they make their decisions?
• How to forecast with credibility
• What constitutes a profitable opportunity?
• Sectors covered: full service scheduled airlines, low cost carriers, tour operators and charter airlines, cargo carriers.
• Identify fleet requirement
• Estimates of traffic and load factor
• Estimates of fares, costs and likely profitability
• Securing the meeting with the airlines and presenting the case to them
• Presentation of formal term sheet
• Negotiation of charges and agreement
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Airport Board Directors and Senior Managers with Commercial and Route Development Responsibilities